25% Extra Free

My work, my life

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

half-man, half-geek

Friday, March 31, 2006

Aibo


My Aibo, being extremely cute and playing Peek-a-boo with me. This may look like I am messing around with robots when I should be working, but amazingly this is my job. Well, I say "job", but the minuscule salary barely qualifies it as such.
Regardless, it is fun, intellectually challenging and above all not boring - more than can be said for my previous employment.
More to say on Aibos, interaction games and learning from experience on later posts.

2 Comments:

Blogger lotek said...

Do you find that using AIBOs is better from a getting-robotic-groupies perspective compared to PeopleBots?

3:55 pm, March 31, 2006  
Blogger RoboGeek said...

PeopleBots are badly named: They don't look like people, act like people or indeed atract people - whatever their index of attractiveness.
Next time I am jet-setting to an international robotic event, I shall carry an Aibo around and, Ben Affleck-style, count on a clicker the number of attractive potential groupies that give me the eyes ...

5:29 pm, March 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home