25% Extra Free

My work, my life

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

half-man, half-geek

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Anything you can do I can do better ...


Windows Vista. Phaa!
I now have Beryl running on my Ubuntu 6.10 Linux machine. Yes, real transparent windows, proper movement effects, and a 3d desktop cube that is to die for. When you move the desktop cube you see live views. If you have a video running on one desktop, it is still running live on the cube. If you look through the transparent cube to the other side, you see the video reversed!!

Seeing truly is believing.

2 Comments:

Blogger RoboGeek said...

And its free.

7:16 pm, January 31, 2007  
Blogger RoboGeek said...

Just uninstalled beryl. It was working fine, but then I had to tweak it and get the latest SVN version to fix a really minor bug and everything started going wrong. Will wait for a more stable version. ....

10:15 am, February 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home