25% Extra Free

My work, my life

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

half-man, half-geek

Friday, May 04, 2007

Song list

You may or may not know, but I will be playing only my second ever live gig in my entire life this summer. My first was with a guitar and a close friend of mine in Manchester. We played to a packed bar at Hardy Farm in Chorlton. I came on with dark glasses and couldn't find my guitar (even though it was hanging around my neck). This could have had something to do with what I had drunk before taking the stage. Needless to say, we were pretty crap, but the audience seemed to enjoy it.

The second coming will be at a friend of mine's 50th birthday party do. I will be playing bass with a bunch of real professionals, and I am going to have to go some to keep up.

This is our (latest) song list:

Beatles - Back in the USSR
Kinks - Sunny Afternoon
Hendrix - Hey Joe
Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar

we did have ZZ-Top (Gimme all you lovin) Van Morrison (Moondance) and Stones (Gimme Shelter) on that list previously, but they have been dropped for now.

EDIT: We have added Thin Lizzy's version of "Whiskey in the Jar" to the list ... first rehearsal of that tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home