25% Extra Free

My work, my life

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

half-man, half-geek

Monday, May 14, 2007

Technomonist

Technomonist.
A new word made up by me ;)

I'd like it to mean:
"One who leverages technical know-how for monetary gain."

Not to be confused with Technomancer which is derived from Technomancy (meaning magical powers from using technology), which, it appears, is a real word

EDIT:
An alternative meaning which would fit with it being a contraction of "Technology" and "Economist" would be:
"Analyst of tech-related markets."

but that is altogether too boring and predictable ...

3 Comments:

Blogger aR!s said...

interesting... so i should start charging for my all-around LaTeX guru-ness and my ghostwriting chores?
(scratches beard with evil smile)

12:23 pm, May 14, 2007  
Blogger RoboGeek said...

Maybe there should be a word for the opposite i.e. offering technical "guru-ness" for free ... e.g. "mug"

he, he ...

1:29 pm, May 14, 2007  
Blogger aR!s said...

Nooooooo!

2:30 pm, May 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home