25% Extra Free

My work, my life

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

half-man, half-geek

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Bright Zig-zag lines - part 2

This post (here) is my only post which people other than my direct friends and family have ever commented on. I just wanted to give a little update for anyone really interested:

The phenomena I described was the appearance of bright neon-like zig-zag lines in my vision. They appear, are quite disturbing, and then disappear as quickly as they arrived - often in a rather beautiful burst. Pretty, but quite worrying, I am sure you will agree.

It is called an Opthalmic Migrane - and is something not to worry about too much it seems. (I never have any really bad headache associated with them, but people often do.)

What I found interesting was that it seems to happen when I am particularly dehydrated - a fact I hadn't noticed until someone commented on the original post.

It happened to me again - quite severely - just last week, and once again, I had not been drinking enough, had spent far too long on the computer the day before and was generally a bit tired.

So, rest assured, it is not indicative of some really horrible brain disease (or too much LSD in your youth)
Just, relax, have a drink of water and lie back and enjoy your personal light-show!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Hedzor said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:00 am, August 06, 2008  
Blogger Hedzor said...

Considering our mutual heritage, I'd recommend an Ayurvedic solution...
Ginger.
Also, drink lots of water!

12:09 pm, August 06, 2008  
Blogger RoboGeek said...

You speak as a guru - learned, authoritative but with words shrouded in mystery!

This ginger you speak of - it is the candied variety - or maybe the beer? And what of the cloves - they smell nice but are bitter to eat!

No - hang on - I get it. You mean eat half a piece of ginger root! Yeuch!!
I'll try it anyway ;) Thanks!

12:12 pm, August 06, 2008  
Blogger Insanodag said...

Hmmm...I thought I commented on that particular post. I get them too. Back in my hard-drinking student days, I got them almost as often as once a week. Now I get them quite rarely, and while they sometimes are followed by the migraine from hell, most of the time they just disappear.

Since they were usually only there during hangovers, I assumed they were caused by dehydration.

12:02 pm, August 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home