25% Extra Free

My work, my life

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

half-man, half-geek

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Genoa is Vertical

It will never cease to amaze me how it is possible to build building after building on higher and higher slopes - one road overlooking a 5 storey apartment block and yet another overlooking the apartments on that road!

Well, I have used some serious shoe-leather today and travelled on many buses as well as been transported around by car. I have seen most of the nice places to live in Genova proper while viewing six different apartments in a single day. Castello is stupidly high up, but I saw a beautiful flat there. Piazza Martinez and the surrounding streets are ideal living areas. Great shops really nice atmosphere, and some magnificent palacial apartment blocks. I think the nicest place I saw was in that area.
The best place though was I think on the Corsa Europa. 3 bedrooms plus a good sized living room. Kitchen, bathroom and extra toilet. 4 balconies, and a view of the sea! What more could you want?
All yours for 850 euros a month!

So, Italy looks great, the people in the office are very helpful, and it looks as if we might find somewhere nice to live. La vita bella!

Ciao!

3 Comments:

Blogger aR!s said...

wheee!
happy (and successful) househunting! :)

2:09 am, April 09, 2008  
Blogger Hedzor said...

850 euros a month?
It's a bargain!
Pick a place near a park and some shops.
Your family will learn Italian that much faster.
As for the hills and fresh air...
It'll do wonders for your heart, lungs and fitness.
Ironically for a robot fanatic, you'll come back an iron-man.
:)

12:01 pm, April 09, 2008  
Blogger Insanodag said...

Sounds like this move is getting to be a better and better idea! Now, €850 is maybe not the cheapest, but view of the sea....

Good Luck!

9:58 am, April 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home