25% Extra Free

My work, my life

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

half-man, half-geek

Friday, April 04, 2008

Last days in UK - rapidly approaching

It has been a most unpleasant couple of weeks. Depths of a killer-flu, and interminable amount of work, and continuing uncertainty about my move to Italy.

I hope the uncertainty is resolved next week. I spend a week in Genoa from Monday, and I hope to get both my work contract sorted and find a place for us to live. Flat options seem to be stuck well outside of Genoa at the moment, but I will know much more when I get there.

My thesis is still not submitted. It is definitely not what I wanted it to be, but for sure I will hand something in by 18th April. I just hope it is good enough.

My last week in the UK will be 14th-20th April. Last D&D game on the 15th. Submit to ICDL by 16th. Leaving do on 17th. Hand thesis in 18th. Pack. Leave!

3 Comments:

Blogger aR!s said...

Greetings from below the equator, we were discussing yr news while having a sunny breakfast:)
Things will look hectic&gloomy now but soon everything will sort itself out (i knoooow)
- and my nemesis, "the other" Dr A. will make its appearance in issue #164:"The Italian Job" :P

2:08 am, April 06, 2008  
Blogger Mike Blow said...

Whoa, dude!
Greetings from below the..er..M25.
Going to Genoa, like you said you never would :)

Obviously the option of 6 months in the 'sun' (i.e. standard issue fluorescent-lit lab) is too good to pass up. I think its a great idea. You have come too far on this path now to turn back... as Aris says, practicalities will unfold...never fear!

All the best...

12:08 pm, April 06, 2008  
Blogger RoboGeek said...

Guys - thanks for the words of support, really needed right now!

I shall mail you both with an address to come and visit as soon as I have it. Fingers crossed!

12:49 pm, April 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home