25% Extra Free

My work, my life

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

half-man, half-geek

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Like a Knife Through Butter

Who would have thought it - the administrative department here at the institute is like a well oiled chainsaw, cutting through stacks of Italian bureaucracy like a hot knife through butter. In one day I have a signed contract, and already have an entry pass. I have decided on a flat and all associated paperwork is being completed. Tomorrow I sign that contract too and open a bank account.
Amazing.

What could go wrong? ...

PS - a little aside: I just noticed that that blurred picture of me, top-left, was actually taken in Italy. We were holidaying in Tuscany when Yousef was just 3 (I think) and that pic is taken outside of the main cathedral in Florence (although I can't remember its name!). Horizontal stripes in various shades of terracotta and cream and grey - a feature of the churches and cathedrals here.

6 Comments:

Blogger aR!s said...

i refuse to believe that Italian bureaucracy can be dealt faster and easier than Japanese bureaucracy...!! it took me months to get these stuff in Tokyo. its obviously a trap! :p

on the other hand, everything seems to be going well, wheeeeeeeeee! :)

also Alex says, and i quote, "[you're] so hot now!". You are now a model to us all!

1:08 am, April 11, 2008  
Blogger Hedzor said...

Your friends are weird!
Signed;
A friend.

10:58 am, April 11, 2008  
Blogger Insanodag said...

They look comparatively normal in writing.

2:21 pm, April 11, 2008  
Blogger RoboGeek said...

Totally weird, and even weider when you meet them in person - but I wouldn't want any ordinary friends anyway!
(And, hey I count you as one of my best friends, so what does that say? he he!)

Me - a role model - hardly! I am totally gealous of all of you guys, Sydney, Tokyo, Tallinn - also Rob in Sweden. So, you can see where I am getting my inspiration from!

Hope you three are having a great re-union in Syndey and I so wish I was there. The apartment I have decided on definitely has room for visitors, so you know if you find yourself somewhere near the med, you know where to come!

12:55 pm, April 13, 2008  
Blogger RoboGeek said...

oops - can't spell jealous!

3:25 pm, April 13, 2008  
Blogger aR!s said...

i couldn't agree more with insanodag, lol

3:25 am, April 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home